January 19-20, 2017
Middlebury Institute of International Studies (MIIS)
Planning Your Travel & Accommodations
Getting to Monterey is easier than you may think!
Click on the links below for information:
Traveling to Monterey/Middlebury Institute of International Studies (MIIS)
This link is primarily for temporary housing (hotels) for MIIS students.
For the PDC, most hotels marked with an * will offer a special, discounted rate from Sunday to Thursday and a general 10% corporate rate for Friday and Saturday. Only a limited number of rooms is blocked off for these rates at each hotel, so attendees should call to make reservations as soon as possible. Be sure to request the MIIS (NOT "conference") rate.
Exceptions: Hotel Abrego and Hotel Pacific will have discounted rates available in early January. Portola Hotel will not honor the MIIS discount but does have rooms available.
Note that some other hotels on the list offer government rates.
Parking at MIIS for the PDC
Parking on the MIIS campus is limited, but the following are helpful hints in locating parking for the conference:
1) We will have open parking in all Institute lots on the days of the conference, on a first-come, first-served basis. We will have signs at the entrances to each Institute parking lot that day identifying as available for PDC Conference parking.
2) There are three City of Monterey parking lots around our campus: parking lot 4 at the corner of Van Buren and Franklin, parking lot 8 in front of Casa Fuente, and parking lot 7, which is across Pacific Street. Lots 4 and 7 have ticket machines. Lot 8 is a partially metered lot.
3) The campus map shows both Institute parking and City parking lots 4 & 8. City parking lot 7 is not shown, but it is directly across Pacific Street from Casa Fuente (Building #18 on the campus map).
4) If you are staying at a near-by hotel, you are encouraged to leave your car parked at the hotel and walk the four short blocks to the MIIS campus.
5) There is one- and two-hour parking available on the streets around the Institute campus. Please be aware that the time limit is strictly enforce and could result in a $35 ticket. Conference participants are encouraged to park in the parking lots, rather than on the street.