Seeking Nominations for the
2019-20 EnglishUSA Executive Board
EnglishUSA is seeking nominations from interested and qualified individuals from member programs to serve on the 2019-20 Executive Board.
Overview of the Executive Board
The EnglishUSA Executive Board focuses on the short- and long-term goals and opportunities that serve the needs of the Association, its members and the profession. Board members embody excellence and adhere to the highest standard of professional and ethical conduct in all aspects of guidance, decision-making, and leadership of the Association. They also play a key role in ensuring policies, procedures, and communications reflect and support EnglishUSA’s vision and mission.
Ideal nominees will have demonstrated extensive experience and service in the field, have experience in organizational governance and leadership, and have demonstrated success in policy and strategy development and execution.
The EnglishUSA Executive Board is a strategically-focused and mission-driven body. Priorities for the upcoming two years include developing impactful and relevant programs/services to meet the needs of members, exploring board governance and volunteer structures, and continuing to increase awareness of the EnglishUSA brand globally.
Positions & Terms
Board members serve either a two-year or three-year term (see below) beginning approximately June 1 at the business meeting at NAFSA. The positions open for nomination for 2019-20 include:
· Vice President-Elect for Standards (2-year commitment)
· Vice President-Elect for Outreach (2-year commitment)
· Vice President-Elect for Advocacy (3-year commitment)
· Secretary (2-year commitment)
· President-Elect (3-year commitment)
Detailed descriptions for each position are available on the EnglishUSA website.
If you would like to be considered for a position on the board, please see below. Be sure you are logged on your EnglishUSA individual profile to fill out and submit the information below on or before November 2, 2018. Supporting documents must be uploaded along with the information in the form below in order to consider your submission complete. Be sure to have the following items prepared when submitting:
- Cover letter/candidate statement highlighting relevant skills and knowledge for the position(s) for which you are interested,
- Current CV/resume: please make sure your contact information is correct as we will use this to be in touch about your nomination,
- 100-word bio to be shared with membership if you are selected for the slate,
- Contact information for two professional references, and
- Signed Candidate Commitment Form.
Note: A Nominating Committee has been formed according to the EnglishUSA by-laws. This committee is charged with presenting a single slate of candidates to the current Executive Board for approval.