- Conferences and Events
- Find a Program
- Current Members
|EnglishUSA Membership Code of Conduct|
Approved by Board of Directors (1/22/2020)
In order to promote high standards of conduct and ethics, and to promote respect and professionalism among members, the EnglishUSA Board of Directors has adopted this Code of Conduct and encourages all members and attendees at EnglishUSA functions to comply with this code. Please review the Standards here.
1) Members and attendees at EnglishUSA functions/online communities are expected to maintain high standards of conduct and treat fellow attendees, participants, sponsors, exhibitors and speakers with respect at all chapter functions and meetings.
2) Members and attendees at EnglishUSA functions/online communities will address each other with respect even in circumstances of disagreement.
3) Members will act with the highest ethical standards, recognizing that whenever competitors within an industry gather, appropriate care must be exercised to ensure that violations of anti-trust laws do not occur. All participants in any EnglishUSA function, meeting, or online presence should avoid any collusive practices or discussions. Collusion is an agreement to restrain trade and most usually is evidenced in the following anti-trust violations: product boycott, restrictive market allocations, refusal to deal with a third party, and price restraining activities. There need not be written or verbal agreements to restrain trade. Conversation regarding any of these sensitive areas may be construed as implicit violations.
4) Members and attendees at EnglishUSA functions/online communities are discouraged from making inaccurate or misleading representations or statements to current or potential clients, or disparaging statements about fellow members, competitors or attendees.
5) Members and attendees at EnglishUSA functions/online communities are encouraged to be aware of and avoid any real or apparent conflicts of interest in performing their duties and obligations and to promptly disclose any such conflicts.
6) While the association does not restrain the exchange of business cards at any EnglishUSA function, attendees should display respect towards the EnglishUSA sponsors. Only EnglishUSA sponsors may distribute literature or otherwise promote their company during an EnglishUSA event.
7) EnglishUSA encourages members to refrain from criticizing peers and/or competitors or their business practices and to maintain a healthy and professional relationship with other members of the association and industry at large.
8) Members and attendees at EnglishUSA functions/online communities shall meet all financial obligations of participation in various activities and functions in a timely fashion and according to any terms listed on invoices.
9) Violations of this code may be grounds for the EnglishUSA Board of Directors to designate a member as “not in good standing,” and to be afforded the loss of rights and privileges that accompany such designation. Under the by-laws, the Board of Directors has the power to terminate members for non-payment of dues.
10) Complaints regarding alleged violations of this code of conduct may be made only by an EnglishUSA member in good standing. Notices of alleged violations must be in writing, signed by the member making the complaint and submitted to the current President or Executive Director. The President shall report the alleged violation to the Governance Committee within 30 days, which shall have sole authority to investigate the complaint and administer due process. The Governance Committee will report its findings and a recommendation for action on the complaint to Board of Directors within 60 days of the original submission of alleged violation. Membership may be terminated by action of the Board of Directors as a result of non-conformity with the Bylaws, Policy Manual or for conduct unbecoming a member. The Board of Directors will accept or reject the recommendation of the Governance Committee and the President shall notify the parties involved as to the actions taken by the Board.