- About EnglishUSA
- Conferences and Events
- Find a Program
- Current Members
|EnglishUSA Webinar: Fixing the plane while flying|
Fixing the plane while flying: organizing new systems and practices that meet the ever-changing demands on English language programs
Webinar Format: Virtual round table discussion
Webinar Date: Wednesday, August 21, 2019: 2:00 PM– 3:00 PM ET
Are you finding that your program’s systems and practices that previously worked like well-oiled machines are failing?
Today’s reality in international education requires English language programs to be more entrepreneurial than ever before. As traditional long-term intensive program enrollments decline, short-term and specialized programs are rising and adding stress to our administrative abilities as we adapt to ever-changing demands. Additionally, many programs are relying on student cohorts from partners and agents who often have unique admission or programmatic requirements that further stress existing systems.
If you can relate to any of this, then this webinar is for you!
Designed as a virtual round table discussion, this webinar will provide an opportunity for participants to discuss issues they are encountering as they strive to maintain or increase enrollment. Participants who have had success in creating new systems and practices can share their successes.
· Keeping track of multiple lead generators
· Juggling multiple visa types in your enrollment system
· Cohort-style enrollments – how to share unique information about cohorts
· Student services – meeting the demands of multiple cohorts, multiple needs, and nonstop orientation
· Academics in the age of specialized curriculum building
· Keeping entire administrative team well-informed during times of constant change
· Share current issues in program administration with colleagues
· Identify common issues and discuss strategies for overcoming them
· Learn about ways that some programs have successfully transformed their administrative systems
· Network with peers to develop long-term support systems
This webinar is appropriate for all members of the administrative and academic team: recruitment, enrollment, student services, curriculum development, instruction, advising, etc.
Date/Time: Aug 21, 2019 02:00 PM in Eastern Time (US and Canada)