To represent and support English language programs in the USA.
To be the recognized voice of English language programs in the USA.
EnglishUSA encourages a collegial and cooperative spirit within the English language program industry and thereby creates an inclusive community through engagement and collaboration, based on integrity and excellence.
Strategic Plan (2016-2021)
EnglishUSA operates under the structure of a strategic plan to ensure that the mission of the organization as the leading trade association of intensive English programs is fulfilled. Through October 2016, EnglishUSA operated under a three-year plan
that had been adopted in January 2014. The organization stayed on path with 2014-2016 Strategic Plan while also hiring a new Executive Director in August 2015. Solidifying the infrastructure of the organization was key during a time when membership
was continuing to grow and member programs started to experience decreases in enrollment. A new plan was needed to provide a realistic and proactive roadmap to serve the needs of the membership who look to EnglishUSA for support.
The 2016-2021 strategic plan announces six priority areas focusing on goals of highly-functioning member organizations: programs, financial sustainability, marketing, administration, governance, and volunteers.
To create and offer current, impactful and relevant programs and services to best serve the needs of EnglishUSA’s diverse membership.
- Develop new website with YourMembership (Association Management System) to serve members as well as outside stakeholders
- Develop EnglishUSA webinar series
- Increase EnglishUSA’s presence regionally
- Increase student recruitment services & resources for member programs
- Develop systems for collection, research, analysis and dissemination of membership and industry data
- Develop awards, conference waivers, grants or scholarships for members and/or students
FINANCIAL SUSTAINABILITY GOAL
To engage in revenue-generating strategies that support present fundraising efforts, build additional strategic activities, and be prepared to address unforeseen opportunities to increase the financial sustainability of EnglishUSA.
- Develop business plan to support strategic plan goals & objectives
- Increase and diversify membership
- Incorporate additional revenue streams
To develop and implement marketing and communication activities that provide consistent and effective communication among EnglishUSA members while offering regular external communication that not only educates the public about EnglishUSA, but also
encourages positive relationships with EnglishUSA and its stakeholders.
- Offer multiple options for engagement and communication with and among member programs, alumni board members, associate members, affiliate non-member stakeholders, and students
- Increase awareness of EnglishUSA brand and activities to stakeholders and public
- Develop and implement a social media strategy
To review, add and adjust policies and procedures along with processes that enable EnglishUSA to strengthen the organization’s infrastructure to best advantage for all involved—members, board, and staff.
- Create and implement transition plan with Nardone Consulting Group (NCG), our Association Management Company (AMC), for events & membership coordination, and financial management
- Create organizational policies and procedures manual
- Analyze need for additional EnglishUSA staff
- Explore establishment of a physical office
To build and maintain a strong, vibrant board to guide and support EnglishUSA in accomplishing its mission
- Explore creation of Advisory Council of Stakeholders
- Evaluate and explore potential new board structure
- Create a recruitment plan for identifying new board talent
- Create initial on-boarding process and tools for new board members
- Establish formal financial governance guidelines
To develop and implement a formalized plan that coordinates volunteers for all EnglishUSA activities and makes best use of everyone’s time and energy.
- Develop a volunteer recruitment & engagement strategy