Use these resources to TAKE ACTION as international education professional and voting constituents!
COVID-19 Advocacy Resources
Letters EnglishUSA sent to the House and Senate (March 24, 2020)
Letters EnglishUSA sent to House and Senate (May 1, 2020)
NAFSA's Call for Stories related to COVID-19 and international education for lawmakers
STEPS: Submitting comments and/or writing letters to Members of Congress
- Customize the information with data about your own state, student stories, program successes, community impact, etc. More resources and sample handouts on the Advocacy Resources page.
- Obtain email addresses for your Members of Congress
STEPS: Setting up visit to Members of Congress (locally or in DC)
- Review NAFSA's Scheduling a Meeting with a Member of Congress Toolkit and make an appointment to meet with him/her. It may be possible to find the name of your MOCs dedicated scheduler on this site
- Make an appointment to meet with him/her in person
- Prepare a talking points handout with the information above (see sample docs below from GA and MA) that you can leave with the MOS or staffer
- Use the helpful hints from the updated EnglishUSA webinar: Advocacy 101: Prepping for Local and National Visits to prepare for your visit
Sample Documents to Customize for your Visits or Communication (insert recent talking points)
One-pager: Sample document with state data (MA) from NAFSA Economic Tool
One-pager: Sample document with state data (GA) from NAFSA Economic Tool